Go Back   DTMPower BMW Forum > DTMPower Forum Archive > Archived Threads

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2002, 10:42 PM

Rides:86 E30 eta, + 90 2.5L M3
Region: USA - West
CleanAzzE30z has achieved their Master LicenseCleanAzzE30z has achieved their Master LicenseCleanAzzE30z has achieved their Master LicenseCleanAzzE30z has achieved their Master LicenseCleanAzzE30z has achieved their Master LicenseCleanAzzE30z has achieved their Master LicenseCleanAzzE30z has achieved their Master LicenseCleanAzzE30z has achieved their Master LicenseCleanAzzE30z has achieved their Master LicenseCleanAzzE30z has achieved their Master LicenseCleanAzzE30z has achieved their Master License
M.A.F. buy resurrected. This is through me, guys, whos down. Split Second units

OK guys, like I said I talked to my shop around the corner which I am VERY close with. He is around the corner from Bullet. He got me this offer. Tell me what you think amd who is down. Ask anyone on this board, I am a cool cat and I am honest. I just want to get this damn MAF so I tried to pull strings. The shops name is South Coast German Cars and any questions can be directed to this number (949)751-4381. Hes a no-nonsense dude. Hes even getting one if we can get enough people to bite. No flames and no sh*t-talking please, just state if you are down or not. Dont say if thats too much, or any crap like that then you can go get it yourself and set up some other GB. Heres the deal. We need more than 5 buyers for each (///M3, and 325i). I am down and so is he and thats 2 for the e30 ///M3. You guys must pay up front and pay for shipping. I am in L.A. so a few of you could pick up your stuff down here (Eric, lol).

Prices:
325: 672.00
///M3: 710.00

These prices are a bit better than the ones in the other thread. Tell me what you think.

1990 Diamond Black-Metallic ///M3 (Heavily Modified Alpha-N 2.5L)
1986 Alpine White 325e (Modified M50 Swap)

"Great Minds Discuss Ideas, Medium Minds Discuss Events, Small Minds Discuss People."

DTMPower Member no. 37

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/ra...llranking.html
Old 01-14-2002, 10:44 PM
loaner

Rides:E30 325i
Region: USA - South East
Digitalwave has achieved their Master LicenseDigitalwave has achieved their Master LicenseDigitalwave has achieved their Master LicenseDigitalwave has achieved their Master LicenseDigitalwave has achieved their Master LicenseDigitalwave has achieved their Master LicenseDigitalwave has achieved their Master LicenseDigitalwave has achieved their Master LicenseDigitalwave has achieved their Master LicenseDigitalwave has achieved their Master LicenseDigitalwave has achieved their Master License
Thats a steal! If only I had $700 instead of $0
Old 01-14-2002, 10:59 PM
Master License

Rides:Germany's Finest Ultimate Driving AWD Machine
Region: USA - Mid-Atlantic
Oscar is a New Registered Member
Wow, that is high. But then again, what in the world does the MAF do? Give me some power figures if possible? What can i expect from this modification? Dont anybody crack jokes on me cause i dont know alright! I tend to get very sensitive at times.
Old 01-14-2002, 11:08 PM
Master License

Rides:1991 318iS
notsostock318is is a New Registered Member
gawd dammit! EVERYONE ALWAYS FORGETS THE 318IS!!!! ASK HOW MUCH FOR MINE!!!
Old 01-14-2002, 11:57 PM
Dirty Rims

Rides:go kart on steroids
mrsha007 is a New Registered Member
wow! 710 dollars! thats so good, but i got so much stuff to spend money on at the moment. does that come with everything like the bmp kit?
Old 01-15-2002, 12:01 AM
Master License

Rides:m3
ODADisback is a New Registered Member
how long does this offer last for?
Old 01-15-2002, 12:09 AM
SlackLinen'

Rides:bullet proof bmw
Region: USA - Pacific Northwest
JeEvEs is a New Registered Member
When is the money need to be in? is it all e30? or will it be e30 and e36 325's? And to clairify, this is the split second right?
Old 01-15-2002, 12:18 AM
Old School Guru

Rides:e30 M3 (thinks its an iX)
uberpanzer has achieved their Master Licenseuberpanzer has achieved their Master Licenseuberpanzer has achieved their Master Licenseuberpanzer has achieved their Master Licenseuberpanzer has achieved their Master Licenseuberpanzer has achieved their Master Licenseuberpanzer has achieved their Master Licenseuberpanzer has achieved their Master Licenseuberpanzer has achieved their Master Licenseuberpanzer has achieved their Master Licenseuberpanzer has achieved their Master License
Assuming this is the full kit, you KNOW I'm down dude! And after our talk on Sat (which put this idea in his head I might add people!), I'm pretty sure it is the FULL kit that BMP has. You might want to clarify this for everyone though. I'm in, just tell me when.
Old 01-15-2002, 12:28 AM
Mixologist

Rides:some old BMW
Region: USA - South West
tryp2nite is a New Registered Member
Since Mariano is building his castle right now.. I will do a favor and answer for him..

I went to South Coast German Cars with Mariano today and talked with the shop guy for a bit..

and

Yes.. it is the same full MAF kit that's offered through BMP..

Last edited by tryp2nite; 01-15-2002 at 12:33 AM.
Old 01-15-2002, 12:38 AM
Dirty Rims

Rides:go kart on steroids
mrsha007 is a New Registered Member
koo. well i dont think there is a dead line so if we delay it like a month im sure i can get money. ill have to tell my dad that the sock intake cuases my idle to be so funny (sounds like the dmx beat to who we be! hheeheh) where is this shop? sounds like they have stuff for m3s? i need to visit a shop like this i have many questions about my car.
thanks
shahe
Old 01-15-2002, 01:44 AM
Master License

Rides:1991 318iS
notsostock318is is a New Registered Member
dammit! what about the poor little 318is that wants in on the buy?!?!?!?!?!?!
Old 01-15-2002, 02:03 AM
4 banger

Rides:87M3,
Eric is a New Registered Member
man I'm up in arms about this I really don't know what to do. I'm still leaning on the E36 M3, but after auto-xing the wagon this Sunday I miss the smaller faster E30 M3. I've got to get a new distributor cap (see my thread) to get it running after 3 more weeks down

if the deal falls through on the E36, and I sell the wagon, I might be able to afford one of these. this is the #1 on my to do list. I'm done making my car look pretty it's time to kick some

I don't think you guys really understand how good this kit is for our cars. it allows us to tune the mixture ourselves. this gives us three benefits.
#1 we can dyno tune the car to get the maximum air/fuel ratio (yes I know haltec is better, but nobody but Stan has attempted it)
#2 we can lean the car out so that it is reading stoich not rich on the highway. I'm going to school to be an airplane mechanic (A&P) and the airplane guys have been doing this for a LONG LONG time. and your talking about $400,000 airplanes here!
#3 if you have a bit of smog troubles like me (gross polluter here in cali) you can set the mixture a bit lean to get your hydrocarbon and CO count down.

consider some of the other non AFM kits out there.
- Alha N - $18,000 and you have to source one from Germany, and try and find somebody in the states that is capable and Willing to install and tune the thing
- haltec/TPS system. I think Stan is the ONLY person that has done this, at least that is on the internet. most of us don't understand bosch operating systems well enough to program everything. I don't know how much this will cost.

this kit is cheap and now were getting a hook up. if I wasn't broke, had a job, and wasn't at school for 2/3's of the day, I would definitely buy one, I've been looking at it for over a year. ( I actually almost bought one last year at the LA autoshow, ask Jason)

Last edited by Eric; 01-15-2002 at 02:08 AM.
Old 01-15-2002, 02:05 AM
Master License

Rides:98 M3 / 90 325i (4 door) / 74 Porsche 911
e36is4me is a New Registered Member
Mariano- Thanks for taking the initiative to get more information. I would do more research myself but am never able to call these places or go visit them because I work full time during the week. I was getting woried about the Bullet Perf. Deal going down the pipes because they were not cooperating with Eric Lukas and I.
This sounds like it COULD be workable! I am in if the timing is right (about a month) and we can get at least one more e36. (Shouldnt be a problem).

NOTE - I will forward my list of contacts to this thread and let them know whats happening now.
Again thank you. I really appreciate it.
Old 01-15-2002, 02:22 AM
Master License

Rides:.
Region: USA - South West
LLuke@bmwe30.net is a New Registered Member
Dog you know I am down!

That price is kickass! I'm game!
Old 01-15-2002, 02:25 AM
SlackLinen'

Rides:bullet proof bmw
Region: USA - Pacific Northwest
JeEvEs is a New Registered Member
675 bucks better be doable to my wallet in a month (prolly less). One e30 325 is damn near definitly in. Any otehr e30 325? also, it dosent' jsut have to be a e or an i, they count togeather right? because i dunno if there is 5 e's out there lookin to upgrade.