Master License

Rides:96 328i
Region: USA - North East
olsen185 is a New Registered Member
NJ- Custom Supercharged BMW 328I 377 RWHP/ 304 RWTQ

Asking $12,000

Seam in passenger side Vader coming apart:

Headliner starting to fall:

I purchased this car in 2002, it was stock when I bought it and over the years I added all of the aftermarket parts listed below. There was so much done to this car it is hard to remember everything. Ill try to cover all of the major changes, but if you have any other questions please ask.

For the exterior of the car, the Reiger body kit and the M3 replica side view mirrors were fitted. The car was completely repainted the original color because the paint was wearing poorly. After several years the Reiger side skirts broke and had to be replaced. The side skirts were replaced with M3 Twists.

The interior was originally a two tone tan. The M3 Vader seats were installed as well as the black carpet and the black rear seats. The dash, door panels and console area were dyed black. The shift knob and emergency brake handle were replaced with UUC Rob Knob units. The only thing left to be done (from my original interior plans) is to replace the headliner and re-wrap the pillars in matching cloth. It should be noted that the original headliner is beginning to drop in a few places (it can be seen in the photographs).

For the exterior lighting I installed European glass ellipsoid headlights with ccfl angle eyes. I have DDM 6000k HID bulbs in the low beams and the fog lights. I also replaced the corner light and side marker lights with smoked lenses. The rear lights were replaced with crystal tail lights. The reverse lights and license plate lights were converted to led lights and are a bright white, instead of the stock yellow color.

The engine, so much was done to the engine over the years. To begin with I added a RMS stage 2 supercharger kit and Coolingmist.com methanol injection kit. The camshafts were replaced with M3 cams and the intake manifold was replaced with a better flowing manifold. The original supercharger kit was eventually upgraded with a 6” crank pulley and a 3” supercharger pulley creating 15psi of boost. For safety reasons I drove to Miami Florida and had Active Autowerks create a custom dyno tune for the car, requiring the hfm and injectors to be changed. Since installing everything I had to replace the cylinder head due to a cracked head. I purchased another used head which was flow tested and resurfaced. While the head was off the cylinder block was o-ringed and the headgasket (and all of the associated gaskets) were replaced. The head was re-installed with ARP 2000 head bolts. While doing the headgasket work I also replaced the radiator with a new upgraded BMW unit and replaced the waterpump and thermostat.

To get the power to the ground I replaced the open differential with a 3.23 limited slip unit and installed an Active Autowerks differential brace. I also installed a UUC short shifter, UUC light weight flywheel and UUC ceram-metalic (ceramic metalic) clutch. I also replaced the original transmission with a unit from a low milage M3.

To get the car to stop better I replaced the stock brakes with E46 330i calipers and rotors. This modification is usually referred to as the poor man’s big brake kit, but the improvements over stock are huge. The original brake lines were replaced with braided stainless steel lines from UUC. Unless the car is being used as a race car, these brakes are more than what is necessary for the streets.

The suspension was upgraded with Eibach lowering spirngs, Bilstien shocks, BMW x-brace, Racing Dynamics strut bar and UUC Sway Barbarian sway bars. Most of the suspension bushings were replaced with polyurethane bushings.

Over the past winter I installed a Pioneer AVH- P6300BT dvd receiver and DLS component speakers. I also added an Image Dynamics 12” subwoofer in a sealed box. The front components are powered by an Alpine 4 channel amplifier and the rear sub is powered by a MB Quart amplifier. A carpeted board was made to completely hide the amp rack and sub and look as stock as possible. A rear camera was installed and wired to activate when the car is placed into reverse.

Known problems:
The headliner is beginning to drop and will need to be replaced at some point.
The power steering pump is beginning to whine upon startup in cold weather. It will probably need to be replaced at some point.
The air conditioning works great and blows very cold air, however the activation is done with a toggle switch now. This is either because the button on the climate control unit is not working or it is related to the custom Active Auto tune. I am not sure what the cause is but the problem was noticed shortly after I got the car tuned.
The ABS light is illuminated on the dash because the traction control throttle body was removed to install the supercharger. The brakes function normally but the light will stay on unless it is removed or the supercharger is removed and the original traction control throttle body is replaced.
There are several small paint chips.
There are several small chips in the clear coat on the rims.

Engine- M52
O-ringed block
ARP head studs
Fresh stock head gasket
M3 cams
S50/ M50 intake manifold
Evosport Underdrive pullies

Fuel delivery-
42# injectors
Walbro 255 fuel pump

Supercharger- Producing 377 RWHP/ 304 RWTQ
RMS Stage 2 kit
3” supercharger pulley/ 6” crank pulley (15 psi)
Aftercooler with front mounted heat exchanger
Custom Active Autoworks tune
Coolingmist.com water/ methanol injection
Porsche HFM

Drivetrain
UUC short shifter
3.23 limited slip differential
Active Auto differential brace
Braided SS clutch line
Clutch delay valve delete
UUC Ceram-metalic Clutch
UUC Lightweight Flywheel
ZF transmission out of M3

Brakes
UUC Braided SS brake lines
BMW e46 330 front and rear brakes
Painted calipers

Exhaust (set up for off-road use only, no catalytic converter)
Super Sprint (replica) stainless steel long tube headers
Super Sprint mid-pipe
UUC System U exhaust
Rear O2 sims

Suspension
Eibach springs
Bilstien shocks
UUC Swaybarbarian sway bars
Racing Dynamics strut bar
BMW X-brace

Interior
M3 Vader seats (manual)
Black carpet/ seats
UUC Rob Knob shifter and e-brake handle
A-pillar gauge pod
AEM wideband o2 sensor
Boost gauge
Shift light

Exterior
Reiger Infinity II body kit
M3 twist side skirts
M3 replica power mirrors

Lighting
Ellipsoid headlight with ccfl angel eyes
DDM tuning low beam and fog light HID kit 6000K
Red/ clear tail lights
Smoked corner lights
Smoked marker lights

Audio/ Video
Pioneer Avh- p6300bt dvd receiver
DLS component speakers
Alpine 4- channel amp
Reverse camera

Rims/ Tires
5- rims from Lakeshore Wheel and Tire (forgot model)
4- Kumho Ecsta SPT tires 225/40/R18
1- Nankang tire 225/40/R18 (spare)
Old 03-20-2012, 07:04 PM
Master License

bump
Old 04-23-2012, 07:13 AM

Rides:honda, 2003
Region: USA - New England
DavidSmith is a New Registered Member
Wow! wats the nice model!
Old 04-23-2012, 10:41 AM
Master License

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSmith View Post
Wow! wats the nice model!
Thanks. I decided to part out most of the performance parts and sell it with just the appearance mods (body kit, rims, seats, ect...).