Go Back   DTMPower BMW Forum > Off-Topic Area > Off-Topic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2001, 02:18 AM
Master License

Rides:1999 Chevy CamaroSSw/highly changed interior, Bodykit w/ big wing front airdam,and other. 670hp
Camaross672 is a New Registered Member
Smile Camaro SS VS. Toyota Supra VS. Porche 911 Turbo

Last night i went street racing like i always do with me friends on the weekends. Our rutine is go to the hot spots, then race on the highway for some real fun. Well the night just started. We just came back from a near perfect night. Only two losses for my crew. I was in a good mood cause i won all of my races. Anyway, it was a red light but i kept goin cause it was yellow for me. So i pass one more light before i get the red. When i stopped there was a red POrche Turbo. IT definatly wasn't stock. It looked real nice and sounded beautiful. All the sudden a Toyota Supra TT pulled next to us. This was a bad ass supra man. Awsome body kit. Huge wing and all. This was also far from stock. It was actually pretty cool cause you had the American rumble, the Vacume like sound of the jap import, and the flat six sound of the POrche. It was a very rare site. Naturally we started to rev our engines insanly. People all around stopped in there tracks to see what was aout to happen. I had my BUsta Rymes blasing over there techno(which i love). I glance at my rear view mirrow and i see that my freinds must have realized what was goin on cause when there light turned green they flew. Well about two seconds after ther's turned green, it was all systems go for us. On the launch it was me and the porche, the toqrue of my v-8 and the rear engine of the POrche played a huge role. The Supra was about half a car link behind us. Me and the POrche was neck and neck. When i shifted i pulled ahead, but whne those turbos spooled up on the supra and the 911 they caught up. We were all neck and neck with my friends catching up cause they had the green first. We quickly found ourselves on the hightway. At 140 mph me and the supra start to really pull away form the porche. At 160 i was about 1 1/2 car links ahead of the Supra. We then hit the brakes. We get off at the next u turn. We stop at the red light. WE get out of the car and the man with the Sura was pushing 660hp. The porche was pushing 620 hp. I'm pushing 672hp. So after bsing we decide to go for it again. This time my buds are right behind us. This time I pull aways from them both, at 100mph. i was 2 car links ahead and my buds were already passing them. What the Surpa guy didnt say was he had NOS. Well niehter did i. He passed me going at least 150mph. when i hit my 250hot of NOS, IT was good bye to them all. I topped out at 182mph when i hit the brakes.

That was the best race i have ever been in. I gracefully bow to those two works of art, the Supra and the POrche. I would do anything for another race like that
Old 11-18-2001, 02:44 AM
Master License

Rides:C32 AMG
Region: Asia
328bimma is a New Registered Member
daMMnnnn..... NICE kill!!!

Jerry
Old 11-18-2001, 03:26 AM
Master License

Ablahad is a New Registered Member
Holy shit man!
Old 11-18-2001, 05:52 PM
Master License

Rides:01 mustang gt
Beeswax is a New Registered Member
that's freakin' awesome, man. almost 2000hp between 3 cars... what a race! (((((180mph)))))
Old 11-18-2001, 06:15 PM
-

Rides:BMW, M3, 1999
SI///M3 is a New Registered Member
Thumbs up

Thats a freaking sweet race man!! Great stuff there. Also nice to hear people with respect for eachothers cars are out there...awesome. Keep up the good work!
Old 11-18-2001, 06:19 PM
Master License

Rides:Nogaro S4
Region: Asia
JAS is a New Registered Member
damn...nice $hit!
Old 11-18-2001, 06:24 PM
Master License

Rides:2 e36's
Region: USA - Mid-Atlantic
Konstruktion is a New Registered Member
I'd have to clean my pants out after that race.
Old 11-18-2001, 06:49 PM
Veteran DTM Browser

Rides:2000 323ci
platinum is a New Registered Member
dude that is INSANE-what if a cop caught you, shit i'd just die right there.
Old 11-18-2001, 07:06 PM
Master License

Rides:go kart with cracker jack fender flares..e30 m3
ADA///M is a New Registered Member
hahaha

good one...

How well does your camaro handle at 180 mph???

Thats a good story...180 on public roads in a camaro?

250 shot of nos?? is that on top of your 672 hp??? So your pushing 922 hp?

ADA///M
Old 11-18-2001, 08:09 PM
Chicago Rep.

Rides:E36 328is
PHAT 328 is a New Registered Member
WOW! That sounds like an awesome race! There is a dude with a Camaro SS in my area with 1000hp! His father owns Gerber Auto Collision. I saw his car take off several times and it is insane! It seems like he is going 90mph and still in first gear! absolutly ridiculous!!!!
Old 11-18-2001, 08:53 PM
Banned

Rides:Horse
IWANTABMW is a New Registered Member
Post some pics of your camaro.
Old 11-18-2001, 10:49 PM
Master License

Rides:2002 dodge viper gts / 1999 Grand cherokee laredo
Mark H. is a New Registered Member
u better be comming to some shows this spring i wanna check ur SS out. good job goin AMERCIAN
Old 11-19-2001, 11:34 AM
Master License

Rides:1995 540i M-Sport
Region: USA - North East
NoSaabs is a New Registered Member
i always have problems believing posts like this. there's just so many bs street racing threads out there that you just don't know which ones to believe...i'm not a hater, i just doubt a lot of things i read.

was this a new turbo? the 996? even a 993 has awd, and i'm thinking with that kind of muscle the awd would be the most important aspect of the race. i'm thinking the porsche driver must not have been that great.

so how do you even keep traction with that kind of power in your ss? my dad has a stock Z28 (30th ann. edit.) and the back end is so light it's tough to keep the tires from spinning. that car is only about 300hp. i can't imagine what a car w/ double the hp under the same conditions would be like. my 540i has about the same amount and i don't have too many problems, but the weight ratio is so much better, plus my wheels and tires provide much better traction. but still.

where would you even get up to these kinds of speeds in jersey? on the TP? the cops are so freakin terrible up there that i hate going over 90 on any jersey roads.

anyways, great piece of fiction.

Last edited by NoSaabs; 11-23-2001 at 10:43 AM.
Old 11-19-2001, 04:30 PM
Banned

Rides:e46m3
unvmym3 is a New Registered Member
yea ok,right on!i think u been watching a little too much fast and the furious man ,i agree with my M man up top give it a rest,im gonna read that to my niece so i can bullshit her to sleep there vin diesel..man i cant stop laughing..180? on the highway just outta the blue u were on the highway?and all cars were pushing over 600hp?hahaha.i gotta go wipe my tears ..
Old 11-20-2001, 02:08 AM
Custom Bimr

Rides:1995 ///M3 (TS Ready)
Region: USA - North East
Bad Bimr is a New Registered Member
Re: Camaro SS VS. Toyota Supra VS. Porche 911 Turbo

Quote:
Originally posted by Camaross672
Last night i went street racing like i always do with me friends on the weekends. Our rutine is go to the hot spots, then race on the highway for some real fun. Well the night just started. We just came back from a near perfect night. Only two losses for my crew. I was in a good mood cause i won all of my races. Anyway, it was a red light but i kept goin cause it was yellow for me. So i pass one more light before i get the red. When i stopped there was a red POrche Turbo. IT definatly wasn't stock. It looked real nice and sounded beautiful. All the sudden a Toyota Supra TT pulled next to us. This was a bad ass supra man. Awsome body kit. Huge wing and all. This was also far from stock. It was actually pretty cool cause you had the American rumble, the Vacume like sound of the jap import, and the flat six sound of the POrche. It was a very rare site. Naturally we started to rev our engines insanly. People all around stopped in there tracks to see what was aout to happen. I had my BUsta Rymes blasing over there techno(which i love). I glance at my rear view mirrow and i see that my freinds must have realized what was goin on cause when there light turned green they flew. Well about two seconds after ther's turned green, it was all systems go for us. On the launch it was me and the porche, the toqrue of my v-8 and the rear engine of the POrche played a huge role. The Supra was about half a car link behind us. Me and the POrche was neck and neck. When i shifted i pulled ahead, but whne those turbos spooled up on the supra and the 911 they caught up. We were all neck and neck with my friends catching up cause they had the green first. We quickly found ourselves on the hightway. At 140 mph me and the supra start to really pull away form the porche. At 160 i was about 1 1/2 car links ahead of the Supra. We then hit the brakes. We get off at the next u turn. We stop at the red light. WE get out of the car and the man with the Sura was pushing 660hp. The porche was pushing 620 hp. I'm pushing 672hp. So after bsing we decide to go for it again. This time my buds are right behind us. This time I pull aways from them both, at 100mph. i was 2 car links ahead and my buds were already passing them. What the Surpa guy didnt say was he had NOS. Well niehter did i. He passed me going at least 150mph. when i hit my 250hot of NOS, IT was good bye to them all. I topped out at 182mph when i hit the brakes.

That was the best race i have ever been in. I gracefully bow to those two works of art, the Supra and the POrche. I would do anything for another race like that
What speedometer do you have that reads 182 mph? Does the stock one go that far?

« - | Bush Faints! »