Hows my old 4-spoke?
aboard my old E4, making a 16 year old in AZ very happy

and yes i'm serious. waiting for frodo to come through the trees one day
Old 01-10-2012, 02:21 AM
Master License

Rides:'95 M3
Region: USA - Pacific Northwest
M5AM is a New Registered Member
Oregon is WET, except this year has been particularly pleasant so far.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:54 AM

Rides:BMW
Region: Canada
cracky is a New Registered Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blutarsky View Post
holy shit i have not heard this in 5 years. first 20 minutes.....

Denny Fisher - Indian Summer Mix on Official.fm
good mix.

heres an old one I just came across today(though I do have it on cd in my car still lol)
classic

Paul Oakenfold - Essential Mix World Tour - Live From Home, Space, Ibiza 1999.07.25 by djmixes on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free
Old 01-10-2012, 12:05 PM
///M

Rides:97 M3
Region: USA - North East
jayjaya29 is a New Registered Member
Lemforder front ball joints just arrived. Its like christmas at my apartment.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:30 PM
Modena License

Rides:1997 M3/4/5
Region: USA - West
MMMGP is a New Registered Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by cracky View Post
good mix.

heres an old one I just came across today(though I do have it on cd in my car still lol)
classic

Paul Oakenfold - Essential Mix World Tour - Live From Home, Space, Ibiza 1999.07.25 by djmixes on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free
Very nice. Late 90s and very early 2Ks were some of the best years! Amber by Natious (Silk mix) has been a fave track of mine for +10 years. The intro is long, but the ride begins at 2:38.

Natious - Amber (Silk Mix) - YouTube
Old 01-10-2012, 01:14 PM

Rides:BMW
Region: Canada
cracky is a New Registered Member
Im with ya on all of that
Old 01-11-2012, 12:14 AM
Street License

Rides:1997 BMW M3 Sedan
Region: USA - South East
AStandridge is a New Registered Member
So apparently I managed to screw up my computer. I don't know how but every time I move my computer from one location to another, it messes up. This time I think I fried my CPU because the CPU fan was spinning slowly or not at all when it tried to start up, and I think it overheated. Now the computer just turns on for about a second then shuts down.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:34 AM

Rides:1997 Hellrot m3
eatsleeplax is a New Registered Member
Video: BMW 1M versus concrete walls
Old 01-11-2012, 12:55 AM
I only get 20 charac

Rides:1998 M3/4/5
hencini is a New Registered Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatsleeplax View Post

Old video, but inspiring nonetheless. I really think the 1M is the closest modern-day equivalent to our cars. Small, nimble, powerful. Good stuff. There's a writeup in the most recent Roundel in which one of the writers calls it the best handling ///M car ever. If I liked coupes, I'd be veeeery interested...
Old 01-11-2012, 01:13 AM
Under Construction

Rides:99 M3/2/5
Region: USA - Great Lakes
Potenza is a New Registered Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by AStandridge View Post
So apparently I managed to screw up my computer. I don't know how but every time I move my computer from one location to another, it messes up. This time I think I fried my CPU because the CPU fan was spinning slowly or not at all when it tried to start up, and I think it overheated. Now the computer just turns on for about a second then shuts down.
I wouldn't jump to the fried processor conclusion. Modern CPUs/Motherboards have protection built in to prevent overheating. If the fan is not plugged in, or doesn't meet a certian rpm the BIOS will automatically shut the computer down to prevent damage. CPUs also have thermal proection built in that will downclock or halt the cpu if temps get too hight. Not to say that shit can't happen, but CPUs/MBs are engineered with some fail safe these days.

What kind of computer is this? Laptop, Desktop, self-built, or a brand name HP/Dell ??

If it's a desktop the first thing I would do is make sure your RAM is seated correctly and verify that the cpu fan is snug in it's power connector. If all that checks out I'd test the CPU fan for functionality and proceed from there. Also try a different CPU fan connector if your MB has multiple.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:24 AM

Rides:1997 Hellrot m3
eatsleeplax is a New Registered Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by hencini View Post
Old video, but inspiring nonetheless. I really think the 1M is the closest modern-day equivalent to our cars. Small, nimble, powerful. Good stuff. There's a writeup in the most recent Roundel in which one of the writers calls it the best handling ///M car ever. If I liked coupes, I'd be veeeery interested...
I don't really care for the engine much. Its not a true //m engine (kinda like our cars ). If i got one i would definitely do an s65 swap, there are already a few being done.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:28 AM
Street License

Rides:1997 BMW M3 Sedan
AStandridge is a New Registered Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potenza View Post
I wouldn't jump to the fried processor conclusion. Modern CPUs/Motherboards have protection built in to prevent overheating. If the fan is not plugged in, or doesn't meet a certian rpm the BIOS will automatically shut the computer down to prevent damage. CPUs also have thermal proection built in that will downclock or halt the cpu if temps get too hight. Not to say that shit can't happen, but CPUs/MBs are engineered with some fail safe these days.

What kind of computer is this? Laptop, Desktop, self-built, or a brand name HP/Dell ??

If it's a desktop the first thing I would do is make sure your RAM is seated correctly and verify that the cpu fan is snug in it's power connector. If all that checks out I'd test the CPU fan for functionality and proceed from there. Also try a different CPU fan connector if your MB has multiple.
It's a self built. I checked on the ram and everything, I tried a bare start, you know, one stick of ram, mobo, cpu, keyboard, mouse, and monitor. Same result. I only have on CPU fan connector on the mobo. Nothing. I'm gonna take the computer to a repair shop here in tuscaloosa, they will tell you whats wrong with it and how much it will cost to have them fix it. But having them tell me whats wrong with it will probably allow me to fix it myself. I'm no where near as good at diagnosing hard ware problems in a computer as I am at cars.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:50 AM
I only get 20 charac

Rides:1998 M3/4/5
hencini is a New Registered Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatsleeplax View Post
I don't really care for the engine much. Its not a true //m engine (kinda like our cars ). If i got one i would definitely do an s65 swap, there are already a few being done.

Like I said, modern day version of our cars...

Yeah, I'm not thrilled by the turbo, myself. In fact, I just re-read the Roundel article and you know it's not the best sign when they say the lag "isn't as pronounced as the 135"... Lolz... But overall, it's a great complete package. Room for improvement? Definitely. Stellar right out of the box? No doubt.

As much as I like the idea of the E9x M3s, they're just kinda pigs... They've deviated too much from the more with less, 2002-esque mentality. I really hope they do another run of the 1M in the next body style. I think the 1er is a lot closer to the 2002 lineage than anything else in the modern BMW lineup. Hell, I even like the idea of the 128.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:58 AM
Street License

Rides:1995 M3
Region: USA - South West
Petrucci_M3 is a New Registered Member
Local guy here.

2 money shifts in a matter of months. The last one cost him his car and almost his life.

Old 01-11-2012, 02:01 AM
Master License

Rides:BMW M3 1999
Region: USA - Mid-Atlantic
99MPower is a New Registered Member
wtf.. how the hell did that happen?

money shift = almost death? I'm lost

« PICTURES ONLY!!! | - »