Go Back   DTMPower BMW Forum > Technical Discussions > E36 3-series

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2006, 10:34 PM
Master License

Rides:BMW 325i 2004
Region: USA - West
bboijigster60 is a New Registered Member
radio antenna

okay stupid question but.. for some reason my g/f's E36 doesn't have a radio antenna. where is it supposed to be?!!?!?! lol b/c there's this metal cap on the left side in the back.. she has a convertible 318i..
Old 05-11-2006, 12:20 AM

Rides:BMW, 328, 1997 (two of them)
Manolito has achieved their Master LicenseManolito has achieved their Master LicenseManolito has achieved their Master LicenseManolito has achieved their Master LicenseManolito has achieved their Master LicenseManolito has achieved their Master LicenseManolito has achieved their Master LicenseManolito has achieved their Master LicenseManolito has achieved their Master LicenseManolito has achieved their Master LicenseManolito has achieved their Master License
Normally, convertibles have black wire antennas with the anti-whip flighting (corkscrew) on them, mounted on the rear fender. Someone must have modified yours.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:05 PM
Ghoostrider

Rides:2001 BMW 325i 5sp
GhostRider is a New Registered Member
I wondered teh same thing with my e46 but only the verts have them. All the e36's I've seen here had them but your may have been modified. Worst case, pull into a dealership service dept and just ask em to glance at it just to tell you where it is. They shouldnt charge you but they could say for sure where it should be.
Old 05-13-2006, 02:26 AM
94 318i

Rides:94 318i
frank1975 is a New Registered Member
bump
Old 05-11-2009, 12:45 AM
Master License

Rides:BMW 325i 1994
Region: USA - Rocky Mountains
XRacing is a New Registered Member
ok this is another dumb question I have a 1994 325i where is my antenna? there are no signs of it on the body at all and my deck doesn't get stations very good.
Old 05-11-2009, 12:52 AM

Rides:BMW, 328, 1997 (two of them)
Manolito has achieved their Master LicenseManolito has achieved their Master LicenseManolito has achieved their Master LicenseManolito has achieved their Master LicenseManolito has achieved their Master LicenseManolito has achieved their Master LicenseManolito has achieved their Master LicenseManolito has achieved their Master LicenseManolito has achieved their Master LicenseManolito has achieved their Master LicenseManolito has achieved their Master License
Antenna should be in the rear window glass. I think that you have an antenna amplifier in the trunk, hidden behind the sound proofing somewhere. First thing to check will be the fuse for the antenna amplifier, then start tracing the circuit from the radio back to the amplifier to the antenna to make sure all the connections are good. You will need a 5-sided allan wrench to get the radio out of the dash to start checking the connections at the back of the radio. The special wrench is available on-line. Some folks manage to get the screws out by forcing another tool into the screw head, but mine were both too tight.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:04 AM
Master License

Rides:BMW 325i 1994
Region: USA - Rocky Mountains
XRacing is a New Registered Member
Thanks I will check that stuff out.